You can reach me at MDTravelStories@yahoo.com
My plan is to explore each of the 23 counties (plus Baltimore City) in the State of Maryland (USA). I grew up in Maryland. Maryland is such a diverse state. I once read that anything you want to do is within a 3 hour drive if you live in Maryland. I want to see if that is true.
My wife and I love to take day trips and go on weekend getaways. This is how we’re exploring the state. This blog is my way of sharing what we find. I hope to make new friends along the way. Wish us luck!
Comments are welcome. Thank you for reading my blog!
Guest posts on other blogs:
- 02/05/2016 – Starbucks: My Second Office (Guest Post) on The Caffeinated Writer
- 02/25/2016 – Are You Traveling Yet? Your Forties are the Best Time to Travel! on The Sweet Midlife with Lynne and Leslie.
- 02/26/2016 – Coffee Culture on Pinterest (Guest Post) on The Caffeinated Writer
- 04/05/2016 – A Blogger’s Journey: What I Learned Joining Blogging Groups on Facebook on The Caffeinated Writer
My favorite posts from my old blog (re-posted here):
- 06/16/2015 – Wheel Life Thinking – The Repost
- 06/09/2015 – Restaurants and the Bathroom Test
- 09/11/2015 – Hotel Stay: Why You Should Tip Housekeeping Every Night
- 09/17/2015 – Do You Know Your VP’s?
- 09/20/2015 – The Underpinnings of Integrity (Quote)
- 09/22/2015 – It’s Not the Kite, It’s the Air
- 03/31/2016 – Ask Yourself; How Much Time, Money and Energy?
- 04/03/2016 – I’m a Proud Member of the “Swoop In” Club
- 04/04/2016 – All the Talk on the Traits of a Real Man
My favorite quotes:
“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
Talent will not. Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not. Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not. The world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.” – by Calvin Coolidge
The Underpinnings of Integrity:
“There are three important underpinnings of integrity; authenticity and honesty, delivering on ones commitments, and refusing to violate the trust others have extended to us.” — From the book, ‘The Power of Professionalism’ by Bill Wiersma
“A smile costs nothing but gives much. It enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give. It takes but a moment, but the memory of it sometimes lasts forever. None is so rich or mighty that he cannot get along without it and none is so poor that he cannot be made rich by it. Yet a smile cannot be bought, begged, borrowed, or stolen, for it is something that is of no value to anyone until it is given away. Some people are too tired to give you a smile. Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give.” – Author Unknown
“Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch yours words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.” – by Frank Outlaw
“If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true
enemies; Succeed anyway.” – by Mother Theresa
” The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” – Author Unknown
“Well done is better than well said.” – by Benjamin Franklin
“No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.” – by Alice Walker
“Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – by Eleanor Roosevelt
“Failure is not falling down, failure is staying down!” – Dave Ramsey Show
“If you can not say what you mean, than you can not mean what you say.” – Author Unknown
“Five years from today, you’ll be the same person you are today; making the same money you are today; with the same problems you have today; except for the books you read and the people you meet in the next five years” – by Charlie Jones
“If you are nice to your friends but rude to the waiter, you are still a rude person.” – Author Unknown
“Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.” – by Benjamin Franklin