I started this blog in May 2015. I’ve had a few ups and downs and a HUGE learning curve. Funny, considering this isn’t my 1st blog! I’ve been blogging on and off for years. Both for myself and for others. Like any profession; technology changes, blogging tools change, and then there’s social media! While the barrier to blogging keeps getting lower, the number things you need to juggle grows faster. I’m getting the hang of this by constantly looking for new posting ideas and constantly taking classes to sharpen my saw.
Here are my blogging goals for 2016. [first commit, then achieve]:
- Post at least once a week – I just had a two month hiatus from blogging while I moved. My training teaches me this is a big DO NOT DO in blogging! You can’t have long breaks in posting if you want to be treated as a professional blog. [Plus it’s a good way to lose your following!]
- Network with other bloggers – I need to meet and befriend other bloggers. There’s power in numbers. Plus, networking is just a good thing to do in any hobby or profession. I found groups of Virginia bloggers [where I live], Maryland bloggers [the place I’m blogging about] as well as travel bloggers. Now I have to get active. You can never have too many friends.
- Continue learning – Take classes – listen to WordPress & travel podcasts – attend blogging/travel conventions & meetups.
- Find a good mastermind group
- Complete my last project – The Maryland Ice Cream Trail – I have one last place to visit.
- Complete my next project – Maryland Waterfalls
- Continue exploring Garrett County – I’m finishing up Accident, Md. Next is Deer Park, Md, Friendsville, Md and Grantsville, Md.
- Create a Blog Business Plan [new]
- Build blog to 100 readers [new]
- Merge Pinterest accounts and add widget to website [new]
There they are … my 2016 blogging goals! I’ve committed. Now I have to achieve.
Thank you for reading Maryland Travel Stories!